Don’t you just hate a website that takes forever to load? And don’t you often find yourself clicking away. Well, you are not alone, data shows:
A one-second delay in page load time gives:
- 11% fewer page views
- 16% decrease in customer satisfaction
- 7% loss in conversions
We live in a digitally impatient world, speed is everything. If your page isn’t fast, then customers will click on your competitors. Therefore, something as simple as loading speeds can make the difference between a sale for you or for your rivals.
So, how does your site perform? There are some great tools to find out, here are our favourites:
- Google has a free tool, you should listen to what they are saying since it’s part of how they rank websites in the search results
- Pingdom is great for showing what is adding time to page load speed
- Web Page Test is brilliant if you’re after lots of details
So, this will tell you where you are. And, if you want to find out some good ideas to start making improvements, take a look at this great blog from Crazy Egg.
One of the factors you can’t directly control is the website hosting, and this has a big impact on speed. If you are in Stevenage, ask us about your website host. A recent independent survey showed our hosting is up to 48x faster than some of the big hosts, the test from LoadImpact shows the difference we make:
- 1&1: 11.92 seconds
- 123reg: 3.67 seconds
- fasthosts: 0.92 seconds
- HeartInternet: 0.79 seconds
- Tim’s Digital: 0.25 seconds
Who would you prefer to host your site? Give us a shout if you want help with hosting or any of the ideas here, we’d love to support your website if you’re in the Hertfordshire area.